All her rules are about to change…
THE RULE MAKER
The Rule Breakers #2
Releasing January 16th, 2017
Read an EXCERPT here
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he
demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your
job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
I am often lured into a book with a cover or the blurb alone… that’s how I find myself writing this review. Answer: it was the blurb, the VERY hilarious blurb!!! It held so many hilarious promises. Spoiler alert (not really!) but the book delivered on those Romantic Comedy giggles.
Ryder has COMPLETELY won over my heart even when he was being an annoying playboy with a primary goal of making Zoey’s work life difficult. Zoey and Ryder have a hot, hot, steamy one night of passion that did not turn into anything else. Something which has humiliated Zoey so my girl has a hard time keeping herself together around Ryder. Which shouldn’t be a problem but she is technically employed by Ryder’s brother to renovate a mountain resort. What is even more difficult is that like a pendulum Zoey can’t figure out whether she wants to hump Ryder to his death or just smother him to his death.
The story overall was a fun and enjoyable read, however, Zoey girl got a bit on my nerves. Her horniness level was a bit too distracting at times. After each interaction and multiple times the mention of how much she wanted him would be described. Sure sure I understand how Ryder IS irresistible but GIRL! get yourself together. It was a bit much for me and took away a bit from what was a fun, flirty, and quirky read. However, I am glad I dove in into the story and will sure to go back and read more of those Rule Breakers.