Title: Dating the Undead
Author: Juliet Lyons
Series: Undead Dating Service, #1
Pub date: May 2, 2017
Genre: Paranormal Romance
WOMAN SEEKING VAMPIRE:
Likes to keep things casual
Absolutely no poetry
Zero romance required.
Silver Harris is over clingy men—maybe men altogether. But when she shares a toe-curling kiss with a sexy Irish vampire on New Year’s Eve, she wonders if maybe it’s human men she’s fed up with. Silver turns to the popular vampire dating site, V-Date, only to discover that vampire men are just as unimpressive as their mortal counterparts. And her mysterious hottie? He’s nowhere to be found.
Can’t a girl catch a break?
Logan Byrne can’t get that sassy redhead—or that kiss!—out of his head. When his boss assigns him to spy on V-Date, he meets Silver again. Turns out, the police are recruiting humans to snitch on vampires through the dating site. As the snark and sparks fly, feelings between Silver and Logan deepen. But, when old demons resurface—literally—Logan isn’t sure he can shield either of them from the dangers that have been lying in wait for centuries.
Well this was a fun read by an author I have never picked up before. What really attracted me to this book/series was the premise of the book. Vampire online dating!!! It has to be super hilarious having all these old and ancient vampires navigating the world of the world wide web. I mean think of it this way– how hard is it to teach your parents to use a cell phone and they are about 20-30 years younger than YOU. Now apply this to ancient vamps.
Now the story didn’t go the way I have anticipated but Logan Byrne was sexy as hell with his Irish accent (probably would be best to experience in audiobook). Who really steals the show is Silver Harris as the girl doesn’t STOP! There is entirely too much spunk in her. Being in the world of Vampires I’m surprised she didn’t inadvertently piss of a vamp and get herself killed. However all is well when you got Logan protecting you. And protecting he does as Logan’s past catches up to him that puts both of them in danger. Also doesn’t help that Silver is actively looking for trouble by signing up for the online dating website for personal motives.
However, some of the parts of the book were a bit rushed through as far as explanations especially towards the end. The book took a while to develop through at a steady pace and then all the resolutions and answers were done with and over in the last 10-15%. I enjoyed the quirky writing and characters enough to stick it out for the next book. It was a REALLY good 10-15% that is making me stay for Romancing The Undead.
10 Ways To Tell If Your Date Is Actually A Vampire
- They only want to meet at night, using the excuse that they’re not ‘a morning person’.
- On a date to the beach, you catch them harassing the lady in the mini mart to check the stock room for Hawaiian Tropics factor 500.
- When you get a papercut, they’re oddly excited.
- They’re still not over their ex. Even though the latter has been dead for two hundred years.
- Every time you mention a church wedding they recoil in horror*.
- They often refer to Eric from True Blood as someone who ‘has their shit together.’
- They drink a lot of red wine, but never seem drunk. Wait—is that actually wine?
- They have pale, flawless skin despite the fact you’ve never once seen them cleanse and/or moisturise.
- When watching any kind of sporting event, they constantly scoff and sneer at the athletes. ‘Please! Is that the best they can do?’
- They are particularly keen to remind you that the neck is a top five erogenous zone…
*Does not necessarily mean they are a vampire. Mortals—particularly males—are also prone to behaving in this way.
JULIET LYONS is a paranormal romance author from the UK. She holds a degree in Spanish and Latin American studies and works part-time in a local primary school where she spends far too much time discussing Harry Potter. Since joining global storytelling site Wattpad in 2014, her work has received millions of hits online and gained a legion of fans from all over the world. When she is not writing, Juliet enjoys reading and spending time with her family. Visit: www.julietlyons.co.uk
Leave a Reply