Title: The King
Author: Tiffany Reisz
Date of Publication: November 25, 2014
Cunning. Sex. Pure nerve. Only this potent threesome can raise him to his rightful place as ruler of Manhattan’s kink kingdom.
Bouncing from bed to bed on the Upper East Side—handsomely paid in both bills and blackmail fodder—Kingsley Edge is brilliant, beautiful and utterly debauched. No carnal act or chemical compound can relieve his self-destructive apathy—only Søren, the one person he loves without limit or regret. A man he can never have, but in whose hands Kingsley is reborn to attain even greater heights of sin. He plans to open the ultimate BDSM club: a dungeon playground for New York’s A-list that’ll change the scene forever.
The club becomes Kingsley’s obsession—and he’s enlisted some tough-as-nails help. His new assistant Sam is smart, secretive and totally immune to seduction (by men, at least). She and Kingsley make a wicked team. Still, their combined—and considerable—expertise in domination can’t subdue the man who would kill their dream. The enigmatic Reverend Fuller won’t rest until King’s dream is destroyed. It’s one man’s sacred mission against another’s….
“‘Not what I have, but what I do is my kingdom.’ Thomas Carlyle. You are a king when you act like a king, not simply because you have a kingdom.”
Kingsley Theophilé Boissonneault aka Kingsley Edge aka King aka The King… but let’s be honest here there is a a reason why he is THE King… Just as with any king his Kingdom is built to serve the god… No not THAT God but The Blond God who turned him Kinky.
In this book we learn more of who Kingsley is… actually we get A LOT more of Kingsley as the story is told through his POV. We learn what makes King tick, what makes King claw, what makes King cum, what makes King act, what makes King THE King… and again it’s because of the Beautiful Blond Bastard who turned him Kinky at the age of 16 at a Catholic all-boys school in Maine.
“You turned me kinky,” Kingsley said.
“I want to argue with that assertion,” Søren said.
“I said I wanted to argue with, not that I could.”
Time and time again proves that Kingsley can not exist on a narrow path, he doesn’t know life’s meaning without direction from Søren. Can’t blame him… Søren has a strong presence with everyone. Even if Kingsley thinks by turning priest he turned into a sheep… there is no collaring Søren even if he is collared by priesthood. There is no leashing all that raw power, eventually you have to let the dark side come out to play.
But I digress… Kingsley… ooh my beautiful Kingsley this story made me cry, made me want to hug this arrogant, self-destructing bastard… wanted me to shake him out of his ways but I guess the way Søren does it is quite effective as well.
“You tried to drown me.”
“It’s called baptism, Kingsley. Welcome to the Kingdom.”
This story is Kingsley’s kinky coming-of-age story. Yes, he’s a 28 year adult who is stinky rich, kinky and has everything and everyone under his thumb but he is lost drowning himself in booze, sex and every possible narcotic he can get his hands on… which simply means EVERYTHING. This story is of King finding his purpose, building new friendships and his path to establish the biggest & baddest S & M kink club, The 8th Circle (pssst we even find out why it’s named that… and IT. IS. GLORIOUS!!!) as his ever eternal worship to Søren.
There are so many new characters and important friendship and dynamics that are introduced.
- King & Blaise – his one true submissive who is not hung up on King and not a FT submissive. She has a mind of her own that she uses to rally causes of feminism. Love her and her fashion sense.
- Sam & Kingsley – Sam… WOW… she needs her own book ASAP… she and Kingsley what made me fall in love with his book. Sam is a lesbian bartender turned Kingsley secretary, while wearing awesome suits who develops a very close friendship with King. Her story is sad but nonetheless she is a strong woman and the ONLY woman who is not pulled into King’s sexual orbit… sort of. OK she has enough strength to build resistance to that pull. She is a perfect woman as she becomes King’s equal, she becomes his softer side where she pushes him to become better and in a way mold him into King we have met in the Red Years Series.
- King & Søren – although he is present in the story and truly becomes the driving force by putting Kingsley on the clean path. Let’s be honest there is no King without Søren. When the story picks up both of them have not seen each other since the horrible events that happen at the school and the death of King’s sister. Søren comes back to King at the right time as he is at his peak of destruction and through his return he gives new hope to him, he gives him his family back and the promise of something more… the dream come true of their childhood musings of the IT girl who has yet to grow up. Our Nora is not present in this story but she makes herself known as she is the one who brings them together, unknowingly, but as fate would have it.
“He’s a bastard, that blond monster.”
“You know you love him.”
“Entirely against my will,” Kingsley said, “and with all my heart.”
The story is fabulous and Tiffany is fantastic in her story telling. To date this is my FAVORITE book in the entire series… Red & White… and I can’t wait to be proven wrong when The Virgin
Q/A with Tiffany
– Is the BDSM club based on a real club?
Yes! The old Playboy clubs used to give their members keys. And the leather clubs (gay leather fetish clubs) had the flag and hanky system that’s used at The 8th Circle.
– Was the vision of Søren as Alexander Skarsgard came from him… or when you saw Alexander he just clicked as the vision of Søren
Actually Søren looks nothing like Alexandar Skarsgard and I’d never ever cast Alexander Skargard to play him in the movie. I wrote The Siren back in 2003/2004 and Søren’s look was vaguely based on Jeremy Irons. If I were to cast Søren now, I’d choose Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Now HE does look like Søren. Absolutely.
– Do you have a favorite adult website & if yes… what is it
Nope. Not really.
THE ORIGINAL SINNERS RED & WHITE YEARS NOVELS
About Tiffany Reisz:
Tiffany Reisz is the author of the internationally bestselling and award-winning Original Sinners series for Mira Books (Harlequin/Mills & Boon). Tiffany’s books inhabit a sexy shadowy world where romance, erotica and literature meet and do immoral and possibly illegal things to each other. She describes her genre as “literary friction,” a term she stole from her main character, who gets in trouble almost as often as the author herself.
She lives in Portland, Oregon. If she couldn’t write, she would die.