All right here we go… this will mark our First venture to find new blogs to support and follow, as well as get to know them better.
Feature & Follow is the brainchild of AlisonCanRead & Parajunkee blogs.
This Week’s Feature:
This Week’s Topic:
Ten Reasons You Love Your Fave Genre
submitted by Diane at Diane’s Book Blog
Wait I must CHOOSE a favorite genre??? How can that even be accomplished as any true book lover knows your taste grows. In my experience the more I have read the more I wanted to experiment in my reads. Originally when I got into heavy reading in 2012 it was only Romance genres that caught my eyes.
Four years later I’m finding myself drawn to YA, paranormal, thriller & mysteries, dark, dystopian… but the one true constant is that I always gravitate to Romance set scenarios.
Being forced to pick a favorite child I’m just going to go ‘mother’ route and say “I love ALL my children” and pick Indie published Romance as my Genre for this week’s prompt.
- First and Foremost this is the genre that brought me back to the world of reading and book friends.
- Indie Romance authors are the best… and the friendliest. What author is going to answer your PM on Facebook as you are sobbing through a plot to comfort you or provide feedback.
- Well you know…
- … and I’ll say it again
- Plot Lines. Okay ye sure the tropes do get over used… A LOT… BUT if you are in the mood for something you can always find something that will satisfy your ‘craving’.
- Diversity. Because the genre is so general you can go any way… PNR, Humor, Romance, Dark, Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Steam-Punk… WHATEVER! There are absolutely no rules as long as you got 2… or maybe 3… or wait 4… or WELL IT DOESN’T MATTER!!! The possibilities are endless!
- Escape from reality. I mean seriously because the stories are over-exaggerated (well normally they are unless you are living in a reality TV show setting).
- Love… JUST love… swooooooony… head over heels… unapologetic
- Prince Charming… can always be found even if he is a broken hero or an anti-hero or just plain saint type of a person
- Because it is so easy to get lost… and disconnect with real life stresses if only temporarily
- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed FOLLOW as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers