Title: FURIOUS RUSH
Author: S.C. Stephens
On Sale: August 23, 2016
Read an EXCERPT
The first in an emotion-fueled, New Adult series from the #1 bestselling author of the Thoughtless novels!
Too fast, too furious—and way too hot to handle…
Mackenzie Cox has a lot to prove. Daughter of a racing legend, she is eager to show the world that she has inherited her father’s talent in the male-dominated sport of professional motorcycle racing. The last thing Kenzie needs is to be antagonized by her rival team’s newest rider, Hayden Hayes. Plucked from the world of illegal street racing, Hayden immediately gets under Kenzie’s skin. His insinuations that Kenzie is a spoiled princess who was handed her career fuels her desire to win, and much to her surprise, Kenzie soon learns she performs better when she’s racing against Hayden.
As Kenzie and Hayden push each other on the track, the electric energy between them off the track shifts into an intense—and strictly forbidden—attraction. The only rule between their two ultra-competitive teams is zero contact. Kenzie always does her best to play by the rules, but when her team slips into a financial crisis, she has no choice but to turn to Hayden for help. The tension simmers during their secret, late-night rendezvous, but Kenzie has too much to lose to give in to her desires. Especially when she begins to doubt that Hayden has completely left his street life behind…
TOP 5 LIST
Top 5 favorite songs or artists?
- Imagine Dragons. I love all their songs, but when I saw them in concert, I was blown away. The lead singer performs exactly how I picture Kellan performing. It was a surreal experience.
- Linkin Park. The sound of this band (on a lot of their songs) is exactly how I imagine the D-Bags sounding. LP will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus their concerts are amazing! They sound just as good live.
- OneRepublic. These guys were on constant repeat while I was writing the Thoughtless trilogy. I love them with all my heart. And I got to stand thisclose to Ryan Tedder during a meet and greet. Awe-some.
- Old Dominion. My honey-boo has been slowly getting me into country music. I just picked up their album, and I love every song! I also love the fact that the scratch and sniff bacon sticker on the cover smells like cotton candy (the album is called Meat and Candy—haha!).
- Every Avenue. I cried the day this band broke up, and I did an all-day Twitter celebration on the day of their last concert. A fan turned me on to the band after Thoughtless was released, and I was amazed by how well their lyrics fit the story—its uncanny! These guys are also the only band I have gotten autographs from. Thanks to a reader, I was able to get a copy of Effortless signed by every single member. Best. Gift. Ever.
I haven’t read anything by this author since I finished with the Thoughtless series. And boy did I love me some Kellen and all his bad boy ways. Hayden was so different, he was complex, sexy, and knew how to make a girl swoon on and off the track. Every time he was racing I could just see him on his black and red bike just eating pavement and taking names. Although if you ask him the only person he gave 2 poos about was Mackenzie (Kenzie) Cox.
Oh Mackenzie, Mackenzie, Mackenzie how you ruffled my feathers at times. She was the main reason I could not give this book a 5 star rating and why the book took me a minute or two to get into. She just came off so judgmental and a little uppity. Which is why when Hayden called her “princess” from time to time I thought it was pretty on point. But then like any true woman, we are layered and have many sides to us and a multitude of different masks we wear depending on who we are around. This was no different for Kenzie, she had to wear so many different masks for the people she was around. Her father, her friends, team mates, rivals, Ect. The only person she didn’t have to put a mask in for was Hayden, he knew how to push her buttons and what made her tick. He also knew how to get through all those layers till he got to the soft, chewy center.
Once I got to know what Kenzie’s hang up were and all the weight she had on her shoulders it was easier for me to understand where she was coming from when she was wearing her ice queen mask. But like a true alpha male, sexy bad boy hero, nothing is scaring Hayden away from his princess. I really enjoyed them as a couple. They were truly better together. Oh and let’s not forget the insanely hot sexual tension and then when the thin rope of resistance snaps and they finally got down and dirty….Wowza I think my kindle caught fire!!
In the end, I’m glad I stuck with this book. I love the author’s writing style and her dirty bad boys. I recommend this book to anyone who’s ever wanted a ride in the fast lane with one hell of a sexy bad boy in the driver’s seat!!
S.C. Stephens is a #1 bestselling author who spends her every free moment creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance. In addition to writing, she enjoys spending lazy afternoons in the sun reading, listening to music, watching movies, and spending time with her friends and family. She and her two children reside in the Pacific Northwest.